The length scale of molecular and cellular biology (Figure 1 Biological Scales) covers approximately 5 orders of magnitude, with sizes ranging from 1 nanometer (approximate size of small molecules) to 100 micrometers (approximate size of the largest cells). Unfortunately, it can be difficult to intuit these relative sizes because we cannot directly observe these scales.
Please follow & like us :)
- The Chemistry of Wine Flavor
- The Chemistry of Whiskey Production
- A World Flavors Map
- A Model of Tumor Development
- Intense-Exercise Recovery Timeline (~1 week)
- A ‘Canonical’ Cancer-Network Map
- A Cancer-Therapy Timeline
- A Math-History Timeline
- How do you “Fractionate” a Cell?
- Data-Inference vs Predictive-Modeling