Analogies are often the best tools to connect a program’s “functional logic” with the “abstract tools” of the programming language. Here, we outline the logical differences between common if-statement structures using a “Driving Analogy” drawn in parallel to a “Flow-Chart” and “Model Python Code.” We choose Python because it is one of the most intuitive and commonly used programming languages in biology.
Please follow & like us :)
- A ‘Canonical’ Cancer-Network Map
- A Cancer-Therapy Timeline
- A Math-History Timeline
- How do you “Fractionate” a Cell?
- Data-Inference vs Predictive-Modeling
- Introduction to Bayesian Inference
- DNA Sequencing Methods
- PCR Mutagenesis: Overlap Extension
- Kinetics #6: Pulse-Chase Experiments
- Kinetics #5: Molecular Complexes (e.g. drug-target)